Søg og du skal finde

26. februar 2011

Scenic Sunday #4

For this Scenic Sunday I would like to share a photo from my first trip to Bodrum in Turkey.

I arrived in the afternoon, and I always feel insecure, lonely and mad the first hours on arrival in a new country. I need to have a look around the local area, feel the atmosphere towards me (as a single travelling woman) in the local population and come to term with being there alone with absolutely noone to take care of me no matter what happens.

In Bodrum I chose to sit at the bar right next to the Mediterranean sea, sipping my "white coffee", and find my peace within, while the sun set in the bay before my eyes. It was so peaceful and beautiful. One week later it had turned out to be the best single travel, I had ever made. Even if the week contained a visit to the local hospital and being unable to walk for a couple of days.

This photo reminds me of the way I feel on arrival in a new country. It is lonely and beautiful to me.

Click to enlarge

-----

9 kommentarer:

  1. Så smukt og stille.. :-) Lyder som en god ferie
    Du må have en skøn lørdag.

    SvarSlet
  2. I totally understand what you mean about being a single, female traveller and needing to get your bearings. I've never been to Turkey yet but have heard it is a great place to visit. You have taken a great photo.

    SvarSlet
  3. That is certainly beautiful - very warm and inviting.

    SvarSlet
  4. very great photo following you from scenic sunday

    SvarSlet
  5. Beautiful, I always love the sea...
    newest follower,
    clavsupclose.blogspot.com
    hope you could visit my blog and follow. tnx!

    SvarSlet
  6. Belle photo et bon choix pour le challenge du Dimanche, thanks for sharing

    Remember, Every Friday, The Challenge "Walk In The Street Photography"

    SvarSlet

Gør mig glad - Skriv en kommentar :)