13. februar 2011

Scenic Sunday#2

My contribution for Scenic Sunday is this photo of Hajjar Mountains on a foggy morning in the town Khatts Springs in Ras al Khaimah (UAE). I just loved to get up early to see the sun rise every day, when I was there.


Here is Hajjar Mountains with a more green area:


Lots and lots of goats went into Hajjar Mountains on their own every morning, and as if they were wearing clocks they came home each evening. I got the idea that they head the prayers from the mosques and thus knew it was time to come home. Here I captured some of them running home:



I watched the sunrise in the mountains from my room in this great castle situated on the edge of the mountains:







Lidt fakta om De Forenede Arabiske Emirater:

Areal i km2: 83.600 (DK: 43.098)
Indbyggertal i mio.: 6,02 (DK: 5,6)
BNP pr. pers. i US$: 67.700 (DK: 46.600)
Analfabeter i %: 6,2 (DK: 1)
Arbejdsløshed i %: 3,6 (DK: 4,2)
Lever under fattigdomsgrænsen i %: 19,5 (DK: 13,4)
Gennemsnitsalder i år: 30,3 (DK: 42)
Overvægtige i %: 34,5 (DK: 21)
Sprog i %: Arabisk, persisk, engelsk, hindi, urdu
Religion i %: Muslimer 76 kristne 9 øvrige15

2 kommentarer:

Lorac sagde ...

Looks like a great place to visit! Love the castle.

Ann sagde ...

goats are like cows who know when to come back to be milked?