20. maj 2012

My contribution to ADAY.org

I have just uploaded six photos from 15 May 2012 to my profile on ADAY.org.
The purpose of this project is to show for present and the future how life was on this specific day around the world.

My part
This was not what I had planned (way too few of the people I photographed have sent me a written accept of being published), but a little peep from my tiny place in the world is better than nothing, and these are the photos I chose to upload.

I get up at 3:30 in the morning. I have two jobs, and I have to leave home at 4:30 in the morning to get to the first one in time. I am a cleaning lady in Denmark. Photo taken at 6:15 as I am getting ready to leave the clean kindergarten.
My second cleaning job is at a priting house. Here my colleague, Karsten Svendsen, is unloading the huge paper rolls used for printing from a Polish lorry. Almost all my colleagues in this place are men.
I am inside a printing machine. The paper runs extremely fast here, while all printing processes happen within millisecond range and high accuracy. The noise inside the printing machine is deafening.
My colleague, Jan Bank, is checking that the publication is perfect. The press machine is running smoothly now and handles 42000 prints every hour. That is almost 12 publications every second. My job is, among others, to make sure he has enough coffee ;)
After work I get my sore feet up and relax. Reading a great book and enjoying a cup of coffee in the quietness of my home by the sea. The TV runs in the background so I can keep up on the news around the world.
In the company of my two cats I am catching up on social medias as Facebook and Google+. Mailing and chatting with family and friends to hear about their day and thoughts, and make dates for the upcomming weekends. Updating my blog and catching up on other bloggers news.
At 8:00 p.m. I go to bed, and tomorrow it all starts over. But in the weekend it all changes!


My profile with more detailed information on the photos is here.

If you have also contributed to ADAY.org please leave a comment containing a link to your profile. I would love to see it! :)
-----------------------

Update: Now I feel kind of important ;)

1 kommentar:

Anonym sagde ...

I'm gone to tell my little brother, that he should also pay a visit this weblog on regular basis to take updated from newest news.
Feel free to surf my web-site - sharps removal glasgow